Friday, March 22, 2013

My Rant on the World’s Food System, Especially America’s


Why do we drink cow’s milk? The only good reason (and I don’t believe it is good enough) I can think of is its availability/accessibility. There are obvious reasons why goats don’t drink cow’s milk and vice versa. I believe (and have read research on it) that once humans, as children of course, wean off their mother’s milk and don’t need it, we should not drink milk, especially milk from other mammals. Milk causes mucus and other sinus problems, as well as skin problems. William E. Walsh, M.D. stated in his book Food Allergies: The Complete Guide to Understanding and Relieving Your Food Allergies in regards to lactose intolerance in adults that “Mother Nature designed milk to be food for infants. Never dreaming that we would drink milk beyond the baby years, she invested little effort in creating the lactase-production system” (203). This means that we need the enzyme lactase (but don’t have it!) to easily digest lactose (the sugar in milk). In addition, milk causes mucus and other sinus problems, as well as skin problems.

Wheat nowadays is far from Biblical wheat. Biblical wheat was sprouted and nowadays wheat is highly processed (including processed into flour) and not so natural. Chemicals are even added into your “normal” loaf of bread. Chemicals/drugs (additives, dyes, colors, MSG, etc.) are added to nearly everything, including a lot of meats, fruits, and veggies. I believe deli meat is a slab of chemicals, including unnecessary sodium.

No wonder we now have so many health problems (gut, skin, overall health, etc.). Even in Canada there is a “healthier” version of Kraft’s macaroni and cheese.

I decided to write this post because lately I have been suffering from fatigue (along with trouble concentrating), headaches (sinus and non-sinus), joint pain (has been going on for a few years), stomach/gut pain (has been going on most of my life), off and on anxiety, and multiple skin issues. I have been doing a lot of research and a bit of experimenting, and believe that I might have a dairy and/or gluten sensitivity/intolerance. These food groups of course are delicious and addicting, but if I have relief from my painful symptoms, I don’t think avoiding these foods will be as hard as it sounds because relief will be worth it. I could go on about America’s food system and how the government and food producers could change America’s health for the better (after all, they do hold America’s health, or lack thereof, in their hands) by not adding chemicals to food, and treating animals better (causing less stress in animals, which then I believe we literally consume that stress when we eat American meat), but I’ll leave it at this for you to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment